This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
Please complete the registration form below. Once complete, you will be able to place your first order.
Thank You for Supporting Local Farmers & Product Producers and Choosing Farmer's Best Home Delivery!
added to delivery
Fall Custom Vegetable CSA Share
This Fall Custom Vegetable CSA Share provided by SLO Farmers Co-op and its member farms is designed to feed a family of 1 to 4, depending on the amount veggies your family typically eats. These boxes will contain the best fall has to offer!!
Features of this unique custom CSA share program:
- 4 boxes delivered every other week scheduled for first and third weeks of November and December delivery
- We only provide what our local farmers have available in fall, which can include: Winter squash, carrots, cabbage, celeriac, lettuce, spinach, microgreens, onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, radish, leeks, brussel sprouts, kohlrabi, and Kale
- Other items when available like meat, eggs, honey, and more produced by the SLO Farmers Co-op will be available as box items.
- Each share box will be loaded with a predetermined variety of vegetables valued at $35.
- You will be able change your box contents each week on-line. Don't like beets? No problem. You never have to get them in your weekly farm share. Minimum box charge of $30 for box is applied so make sure you have $30 of items.
- Changes will be allowed beginning 10am Thursday through 5pm on Saturday for the following weeks box.
- THERE ARE NO VACATION HOLDS WITH THIS FALL CSA BOX DUE TO THE SHORT SEASON. We suggest getting a friend or family member to grab your box when it is delivered if you cannot.
Financial Commitment: The cost of the Fall Share is $140 which will be credited to your account. The cost of each box will be charged to your account each week and any outstanding balances beyond the initial $140 commitment will be billed to your credit card. Any remaining balance after the forth box will be considered a donation to the Co-op to further its development,. While we appreciate any donations, we encourage you to use up all your credits in your boxes.
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a movement started in the 1980s to provide organic farmers and people who wish to support local and organic foods a way to connect and build a stronger community. This is done by directly supporting the farmer’s efforts to provide local, fresh food to their community, which also helps to build a healthy local economy.
CSA members know exactly how, where, and by whom their fresh, high quality produce, herbs, meats, and eggs are produced. As a CSA member of SLO Farmers Co-op, you know your food will be produced using strict organic methods which ensures you receive highly nutritious, great tasting, chemical free food, this also ensures our animals are raised using the highest husbandry standards, and protects our environment and natural resources for future generations. In addition, you are also directly supporting the local economy.
For the farmers, the CSA model brings several benefits as well. It provides cash flow in the beginning of the year when we need it the most. It offers a seasonal customer base which allows farmers to focus attention on the quality of the food they produce and less on weekly sales and marketing. CSA members do share in the risks of agriculture. CSA farms use planning and many mitigation practices to deal with natures challenges to provide a bountiful and high-quality harvest and will always do its best to give members the best. SLO Farmers Co-op futher reduces risk by offering other types of farm products in it's Custom CSA Box. Because of the shared risk a 10% savings is represented in the vegetable pricing.
Additional SLO Custom CSA information including pick-up options outside Farmers Best Delivery area can be found at https://www.slofarmersco-op.com/produce/